It’s funny how we take life seriously and forget the basics in it.
Yes we are growing!
And should make mistakes!
- You should see the world in perspective-Not being invited to a party isn’t just a bummer to many. It’s a catastrophe. You can deal with this on a pratical level by having more than one peer group. If one fails you then you have someone else to call.This will help you stop worrying on minor things.
- Mind your manners- Basic politeness and courtesy are never old-fashioned. While etiquette standards constantly change, we should understand that the language used around friends may not be appropriate when you’ll get a job.
- Be street smart- Rules like “don’t talk to strangers” no longer apply. You don’t stop every beau or tall, dark and handsome guy you come across. Even though that’s how we meet people you need to be more careful. At least have a conversation and know them before you plan to lay them.
- Have a healthy relationship-Patterns one forms in their early dating experiences will help or haunt them as they get older. Rule No.1: LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND KNOW YOUR VALUE! If you’re not in a respectful relationship, you lose your morals. Sometimes we have to be careful because gaining life experiences hurts. To a healthy relationship-turn down the volume and look at the picture.
- Ask for help when you need it-Thinking that you know best doesn’t give you independence. You’ll get into a situation you can’t handle and no matter how much you think you know, you’ll need someone to share with. Find someone you can feel comfortable to share things such as: unwelcomed sexual attention, unwanted pregnancy, an abusive relationship, pressure to experience things e.t.c.
- Avoid pregnancies and STI’s- Finding condoms stocked in a “don’t ask, don’t tell jar” may send the wrong message. We can’t deny the fact that we are sexually active and should be responsible. How about talking to your mate and maybe find a way to doing your thing…
- Earn your own money- You don’t have to stress over finding a job now. Take financial responsibilities! You can start a saving culture or just a side hustle. The benefits of doing this are not only financial, you learn your own rules and what it is like to be in the real world.
- Cook your own meals-Most of us don’t have a clue of how to put a meal together until you try it. You can try it once a week and you’ll be shocked to learn you’re such an amazing chef.
- Wash your own clothes-it may sound funny but cleaning your own clothes can send a message. If you have clean clothes then your knickers or boxers must be clean(assumption). No one wants to sit next to a person who’s stinking.
- Laugh about mistakes-there’s always something funny in every mistake. Laughing about it can be a stress reliever unless it’s something very crucial. SO NOW YOU KNOW…